Re: Historic Stock Cars

To: "Gary S." <speckman@coredcs.com>
Subject: Re: Historic Stock Cars
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 08:31:36 -0500
I've thought about this also, and came very quickly to the conclusion that
while many of us think we're "vintage racing" many others think we're
"obsolete or uncompetitive in modern series car racing".  Another way to see
it is that we're "whatever the millionaires with the really big trailers
want to run" racing.

Then, since I was depressed by this, I decided that we were "racing, in a
polite manner designed to honour the cars before the drivers, cars that
fascinated us, in excellent company, for fun".  Many organizations put
tighter brackets around the choice of car, and that's fine if they want to,
'cause that helps them define how they want to achive the "fun" part of the
definition.  But I decided that I was pretty happy with the whole thing, and
went back to plumbing the Meryln.  Which is really kind of expensive if you
go with all AN fittings.  Sigh

Cheers, Brian Evans (who WILL have the Merlyn out next year.  Really)