Stock cars?

To: vintage race list <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stock cars?
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:44:19 -0500
Re: stock cars at vintage events

I'd like to suggest two distinct considerations.

NON-SPECTATOR events: There is only one reason for non-spectator vintage
sports car events -- the enjoyment of the participants. We are willing
to spend whatever time and money required for this enjoyment. Obviously
we don't need a crowd to justify it. While most of us vintage racers
enjoy seeing and hearing big iron, most of us are not SO interested in
stock car racing that we are willing to sacrifice our own track time to
see cars that look, sound, and act like 'current' NASCAR cars that can
be seen in real life and on TV.

SPECTATOR events: Let's face it, bigger, noisier cars ARE more
crowd-pleasing. Always have been, always will be. If the organizers feel
that including vintage stock cars is necessary for the profitability of
the event, and that their presence makes the difference between having
an event or not having it, it's a no-brainer. And, save me a spot next
to the fence.