Healey 100-4's

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Healey 100-4's
From: rxstuff@max-net.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:59:42 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,

I am looking for any info on a '53 AH 100 which  I bought several years ago
in northern Calif..  It was campaigned as #96 F (prod.?) and #69 F.  It is a
dull red with a black/white centre stripe.  I don't  think it has turned a
wheel in anger since the late '60's at the latest.  When I bought it I was
told that it had been to the SCCA runoffs at Daytona in '67.  I am beginning
to doubt this.  At one time it was damaged on the right side and front,
sufficient  for all the skin panels to have been replaced, including the
front shroud, but the damage doesn't seem to have been any more than skin
deep.  The original panels were all Aluminum.  The inner front wheelarches,
all RHD pedal brackets, etc. and large holes in the floors under  the seats
were roughly cut out with a torch.  The floors had aluminum panels hand cut
and pop-rivetted over the holes.  It has a very neat aero-screen-type w/s
which looks like a factory part as the base of it is an Aluminum extrusion.
The w/s is about 18" wide (dr. only).

As bought, it had worn-out Blue Streaks on black steel rims,  3000 front
disc brakes, 3000 rear axle,  bolt-on traction bars (ugly!), and no power
train.  I was given a Derrington header wrapped in asbestos,, which was
attached to a 4" dia. exhaust dump pipe which exited in front of the LH rear
wheel.  It also has a humungous bolted-in roll bar.

At one time the  car was orange.  It may have been white before that, under
that is solid light blue.  Originally it was pale metallic blue and seems to
have had ivory sides added onto that.

The seats were originally Navy blue with white piping.  They were re-covered
following the original pattern  in white vinyl with blue piping, and then
re-covered again in pale blue vinyl pleats.  When I got it, the seats had
had orange terry-towelling sewn on top of the seat upholstry.

It is not a 100S.  It is one of the pre-production Warwick-built cars which
came over in May or June of '53 for the various shows.  It may never have
been a street car, but I believe it must have, originally.

Does any of this ring any bells out there??

Does anyone have any information on the '53 Pebble Beach Concours car??  The
location and timing of this car's delivery would seem to make this a
distinct possibility...

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards
Rick Regan