stock cars, etc.

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: stock cars, etc.
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 18:17:42 -0500 (EST)
Roger:

As strange as it may seem to you and me, the historic stock car guys don't
want to run on ovals. I have suggested that at our event at Pocono they run
the full tri-oval. Also, we have an event at Miami (Homestead) where we could
let them run on the oval. The answer I get is that they are afraid of the
walls and high speeds which are possible. I guess that makes sense, but they
still go pretty fast down the backstretch at Road Atlanta don't they?

Someone said yesterday that they assume that there are dedicated venues for
these cars and that they had never heard of vintage sports cars being allowed
to participate at them. To my knowledge there are no such events for these
cars other than here. I don't think they should be at every vintage race, but
think that they are interesting enough to have from time to time.

Thanks, JW