Re: Midget

To: "Rockney, Vaughn (GEIS)" <Vaughn.Rockney@geis.ge.com>
Subject: Re: Midget
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:23:50 -0500
At 10:00 AM 21/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Brian,
>  Did I see in the VARAC Vintage Race that you were selling the midget??
>Gad, I hope you have a replacement for it in the works.  I was trying to
>restore a Titan over the winter, but the frame work is most likely
>larger in scope.  I'm still going to move forward on the Titan at a
>pretty brisk pace.
>Vaughn

Yeah, the Midget is for sale!  I have a Merlyn Mk6A sports racer that I'm
finishing this winter, so I won't be car-less if anyone buys the Midget, but
I haven't had so much as a nibble!  I've no idea why - the car is fresh,
pretty, goes well considering the stockness of the suspension, etc, and has
been almost totally reliable.  I've finished every race weekend ever entered
running!  Aside from three half-shafts, which don't count 'cause I was just
too cheap to spring for real hubs and axles until late last year, I've only
not finished two sessions!  And every thing replaceable on the whole damn
car was replaced during the rebuild!

I just don't know...I'm asking far less than I paid in parts alone to build
the thing!

I don't really mind - not selling it isn't holding up anything else, and
I've got room to keep it, but I have this nagging feeling that someone else
could have a really great car to enjoy!

Brian