Re: technical opinions

To: "Ken Lee" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
Subject: Re: technical opinions
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 11:09:06 -0500
According to our rules, you must prepare the car to the production car regs
of the year the car was produced.  So if you have a 59 bugeye, you can only
do things that were available in 59.  What this means, in practice, is that
you run the 948 engine, use period speed equipment or modern equivalents,
use the suspension that came on the car, with stiffer shocks, springs,
bushings, etc.  No 'Improved Production" mod's is actually one of the rules,
although Alexander heads are listed as allowed in another rule.

Go figger...I just build my cars the way I want to, which seems to not
offend any one, but doesn't actually meet the rules either.  It's my
contention that 9 out of 10 VARAC production cars either bend or break at
least one rule somewhere, in spirit or in fact.  So I don't worry about it!

Brian