Demands to be met

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Demands to be met
From: hayes@mediaone.net
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 19:12:40 -0500
> Cool idea!  I hear rumors that there is a 356 cartel that has given some
> list of demands to SVRA before they will come back and race with them.
Like these:
1. Free bratwurst and beer after each day of practice.
2. Acceptance of lederhosen instead of Nomex.
3. Extra practice on Alfred Neubauer's birthday.
4. Road Atlanta renamed "Nurburgring Sud".
5. No other cars can be painted silver.
6. Winners paid in deutschmarks.

> Or more realistically, Joe Alexander has a pretty big contingent of
> Triumph racers that he corresponds with.  He's attempting to get a
> really big turn out at BRIC.  Maybe the Friends of Triumph could offer
> to "bless" other, less oversubscribed events with their presence and get
> some perks.
Like:
1. Free warm beer after practice, unless your name is Hawthorne, then
cognac is provided.
2. All races held in rain or fog
3. Tractors utilising sports car engines accepted
4. Definitions of hood and bonnet formalised
5. Cars not leaking oil require tech OK
6. Cars may be painted any color as long as it is green

I, however, represent the Italian car drivers coalition. We demand:
1. Vino rosso and pasta daily
2. All pitstops require minimum of sixteen workers over the pit wall.
3. Crew members must us hand signals for all communications.
4. Grappa acceptable as "high octane race fuel"
5. Non-red cars get five seconds DEDUCTED from lap times for qualifying.

Not that's how racing rules should be made!

--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm