Datsun 510

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Datsun 510
From: SteveL89@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 11:36:37 -0500 (EST)
I am interested in obtaining, preparing and racing a Datsun 510 in local
vintage events.  My interest in the 510 is that I've always admired their
racing potential/cost ratio, and this seems like a relatively inexpensive way
to get involved in vintage racing (and hang out with those of you who have
the really cool vintage cars! ).  Can anyone out ther give a  racing wanabe
advice/information on buying (what to look for, which years seem to have the
best set-up, etc), preparing (including info sources and 510-sympathetic
racing shops/mechanics in the Seattle area), and racing a 510?  Anyone want
to try to steer me away from the 510, and have other "budget racing" (I know
it's an oxymoron) suggestions?  Thanks.