Re: TR3 acceptability, was "Datsun 510"

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3 acceptability, was "Datsun 510"
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 07:15:31 -0800
DLMAssoc@aol.com wrote:
> <... snip ...>
> I have a TR3B that's ready to be put
> back
> together (frame off in progress) and could easily be put into vintage trim.
>  I'm
> under the impression that a no history TR3 is too common in some venues.
> However, when I went to Daytona recently for the HSR event, I didn't see the
> first TR3, and only a couple TR4s.  Is the TR3 a good candidate for vintage
> (at least in the South)?
>
> Thanks..
> Don Marshall

Don:

It would be welcomed in HSR (in whatever trim) and, if authentically
prepared to the year of manufacture, it would be more than welcomed at
any of the Florida SCCA Vintage events.  Mike Jackson also runs a TR3B
in many of our events so you would have some top-level competition in a
same-make vehicle.  I do not know for sure if SVRA would have a problem
with the car or not...

*8o)

John A. Rollins, Vintage Race Coordinator
Florida Region, SCCA
http://www.netcom.com/~nobozos/