Give Thanks

To: vintage race list <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Give Thanks
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 09:27:58 -0500
We did the genuine giving of thanks at church last night, but with the
turkey roasting in the oven it's time to pause and remember to thank
those who furnish the things that make our hobby possible---

1. Eli Whitney for the invention of interchangeable parts
2. SAE for the unification of screw thread dimensions
3. Leonardo da Vinci, for threaded fasteners (except rusty ones)
4. Sears, for its broken tool exchange policy
5. Loctite, for both red and blue
6. Permatex, for seeing us through until silicone was invented
7. Dinosaurs, for the raw materials for asphalt
8. Dinosaurs, for the raw materials for petroleum (I don't really
believe this, tho - think how many dinosaurs you'd have to render to
fill just one tanker)
9. Corner workers everywhere, God bless 'em
10. Weyerhauser, for planting enough trees to keep us in paper towels
11. I presume that there were two guys named Mr. Bon and Mr. Do.....
12. The Checkered Flag -- wow, what a symbol!