Re: Dry sump problem

To: "Dr G W Owen" <ensgwo@bath.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Dry sump problem
From: "Rick Cook" <rccook16@voyager.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:46:12 -0400
Brian covered this pretty well, however I have seen old steel braided lines
with collapsed internals.
My 350 Chevy is set up scavenge pump (three) to Oberg filter to tank, to
pressure side then to cooler, filter and then engine.  The Oberg catches
anything down to 60 mesh before the suction side of the  pressure stage can
get damaged.  Actually I think having the filter upstream of the cooler
would be better to keep the cooler clean.
I have also never seen a filter that wouldn't flow enough, even though it
may be bypassing oil.  If your problem is not enough pressure, check the
regulating valve on the pump.  The one on my Weaver has a rubber o ring
under the locking nut and this tends to prevent true locking.
Lots of lit. on dry sump systems out there.
RCC