Re: Tire Treatment

To: dwilson@engassoc.com
Subject: Re: Tire Treatment
From: MRogers726@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 23:29:23 EDT
Has anyone had any experience with treatment (snake oil) for tires. Some of
the Saturday night circle track guys around here have been touting this stuff.
They claim that it is especially helpful for "older" race tires.

Doug Wilson

I find it does soften those old-or new but raced tyres. I've even considered
brushing the sidewalls of  the vintage tyres I want to maintain.
Racing tyres are supposed to never be as good again as the second lap at speed
and for those of us who don't have the excess discretionary $$ to put new
AVONS  every race (if ever can benefit!)    Michael*