Accusump

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Accusump
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 17:56:54 -0700
I think I need an Accusump for floating the bearings during starting, I
keep finding worrying bearing flakes in the filter and I am not seeing
oil pressure drop in corners/braking ( I have deep sump with swing
gates), so I conclude that bearings are not happy grinding away against
about 12:1 with no oil pressure.

Anyone care to share opinions/conclusions on Accusump use.
I am especially interested to know if the 1 quart unit is big enough for
my 1622 MGA (with nominally 7 quart sump).

I don't have a lot of room under the hood and I don't want to put 2
quarts of 180 degree oil @ 80 psi in my passenger footwell.
Malcolm Cox, Napa