Re: Paint and such

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Paint and such
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:38:36 -0800
POR-15 is very tough stuff. I haven't used it in an engine bay, so I
don't know how it holds up to nasty fluids.  I used some on rusty
flooring after scraping, wire brushing and sanding. It's still there
10 years later. It's not something you want to use in an appearance
area, or in an area exposed to sunlight.

A friend of mine is using Eastwood Chassis Black spray paint on parts
he wants to look nice and survive the gaff of being under the car. If
you can spray something, this stuff looks better than POR-15. If it's
in an area where you really have to brush paint it to avoid a lot of
extra work, then POR-15 should be fine.