Re: Log book ????

To: "Brinkmann, Gerardo V" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BHeightsNJ.ncr.com>
Subject: Re: Log book ????
From: Bill Dalton <billd13@essex1.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 06:47:59 -0600
Brinkmann, Gerardo V wrote:

> Took a look through the various vintage org's home pages, as I  have a car
> which I may decide to vintage race this year or next. According to the HSR
> web page, my car  complies with the rules, but I saw no mention of
> log-books.
>
> My other race was issued a log-book last year after the tech inspector came
> to my house
> took detailed measurements of the roll-cage, other safety related items and
> compliance
> with the SCCA rule-book for my particular category..
>
> How is  a log-book issued on a vintage-eligible race car ? are there
> log-books issued ?
>
> gerry
Gerry,
In VSCDA we would issue a logbook, after examining the car and
determining that it meets our rules, at the first of our events that you
should come to. If you arrived with a logbook from another organization
and wanted to have our race logged in that logbook, that also works for
us. We will only stamp our annual inspection in one of our own logbooks,
however, so if you continued to race with us, on say an HSR logbook, you
would have to present the car for tech at each event and not be able to
take advantage of the convenience of having one of our annual
inspections. We do accept SCCA annual inspections if you use an SCCA
logbook.
Bill Dalton
VSCDA Chief of Tech