Re: saving $ building engines yourself

To: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Subject: Re: saving $ building engines yourself
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:55:26 -0500
At 09:08 PM 1/22/99 -0500, you wrote:
>having followed the roller rocker thread from the beginning it seems that some
>on the list think that building your engine yourself is less
>expensive?................I do not think it is cheaper to build my own motors,
>If you enjoy doing it yourself (as I can well understand) and you make less
>then 1/2 per hour than your engine shop charges then you might save some
>money,

Kinds of depends whether your goal is getting an engine build, or having the
fun and experience of building an engine.  I've got at least 25 grand woth
of tools in the garage, and I sure won't see a return on them at the rate I
build cars!

I work in the real world so that I can play that I'm a big time race team owner!

Brian