Re: Re: Mid 50's Road Race Cars (Devin? & others)

To: craig@p-d-g.com, owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net, derekp@Synopsys.COM
Subject: Re: Re: Mid 50's Road Race Cars (Devin? & others)
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 01:57:34 EST
Phil,
You have a great collection of photos of specials. However, the car on the far
right appears to be an MGA with an aftermarket fiberglass nose. That or the
body mold was pulled off a customized MGA. It is not a Devin. At least one of
the specials looks like it may have a body derived from the first Bangert
bodies sold by Noel Bangert in California. They had cigar-shaped bodies with
cycle fenders. The well-known Baldwin special has one of these. Thanks for
sharing the photos with us!
Harold Pace
Devin SS