Re: Clevis Bolt for Formula Ford

To: "Karnopp, Roger J" <roger.j.karnopp@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Clevis Bolt for Formula Ford
From: Mike Henry <mhenry@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 10:20:19 -0700
Roger,

I would resist drilling and tapping.
I used folded 1/8" thick steel brackets on the Winklemann, but this was for a
1/2" bolt which allowed lots of room for radiused washers on either side of the
rod end. This is also butt ugly compared to machined clevis's. Have you
advertised on Bill Dolsons page, or others for Titan parts? I would also look at
other cars for similar parts, Lotus used these and it seems like a lot of
interest helps drive the supply of fabricated parts. Lastly, you could have them
made by a competent shop you trust.

Mike Henry