Re: MGB Exhaust

To: twobees@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: MGB Exhaust
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:29:07 EST

<<
 Why not leave the Supertrapp in place & just remove the diffuser discs?  As
 far as I've been able to learn, the Supertrapp is esentially a straight
 through system with a minimal muffling ability via perforated section into a
 sound-absorbant filled chamber.  Or, am I wrong?

 I'll be racing my '66 B this year & was about to go to a Supertrapp system.
 Or, should I just drop the rear ANSA muffler & switch to a pipe as you do?

Norm,

You can race with the SuperTrap and it will work fine.  You can take off the
baffels and run the muffler open and that's okay for racing too.  I just
prefer to race with a straight pipe, because to me the car sounds better and I
can hear the pitch of the engine better when I'm racing.  I also do it because
I can.  If the race officials tell me to put on a muffler, I will, it only
takes 5 minutes.  I'm under the db limit for my club with the straight pipe.

So you see, you have many options,

Rod