[BOUNCE vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [Larr

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: [BOUNCE vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [Larry Best <ljbest@prodigy.net>]]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:05:04 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:39:56 -0600
     From: Larry Best <ljbest@prodigy.net>
     Subject: Re: Clevis Bolt for Formula Ford

Roger/Derek,

The clevis used on Formula Ford suspension is one of the most critical
parts of the assembly since it locates the upright, and has a direct
effect on the alignment of the rear of the car. As such, this is one
part that you will want to avoid making yourself. Having been involved
in FF for 22 years and having been a passenger in one with a broken
lower clevis, I can assure you that the potential damage to your car,
the upright, and you is not worth the trouble of banging one out of a
piece of bar stock and a bolt.

For reference, Michael Schindlbeck is a recent Midwestern Council of Sports Car
Clubs CFF Champion. Mike has been racing Titan MK6's his whole career and can
attest to the importance of the clevis, and may be able to point you toward a
source for these items since they are highly stressed and prone to breakage.

Good luck and stick to 2 wheel (front) steering.

Larry Best
Chicagoland Sports Car Club