SU Needles

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Needles
From: Bahnseye@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:29:04 EDT
Anyone have a good source for SU needles?  I'm considering putting 0.100"
jets in my 1.50" Hitachi SU's (0.090" jets) on my 1600 Datsun vintage FP
roadster.  Bob Sharp apparently used them (from the 1.75"  carbs on the 2
liter Datsun) along with SU RH needles, with good results back in the glory
days.  I *presume* he actually put the larger jets in the smaller carbs,
rather than forgetting to mention that they really just bolted the 1.75"
carbs on to the 1600 motor - naw, that never coulda' happened . . .
If this works, any idea on damper springs?  I've no idea which ones are
currently in my carbs  -  color is "dirty steel"

JH Bahn