Re: benefits of synthetic oil?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: benefits of synthetic oil?
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 22:01:25 -0400
Since I figure a race engine costs $50-75 or so per hour to run,
synthetic oil is the cheapest insurance I know!
I change the filter every race, oil every other race. Last engine lasted
over 4500 miles - 160 HP 1600 Alfa, 7800 rev limit. Mobil 1.
Redline MTL in the gearbox, gear lube in rear axle (locker)
I also use it in my Miata, two Cherokees and the kids two Neons. All my
old unopened cans of dino oil goes in the lawn mower (hoping it dies
soon!)
Complaining about the cost of synthetic oil is a good example of "penny
wise and pound foolish..."
--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.fotec.com/jim/jim.htm