Duesenberg/Monterey

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Duesenberg/Monterey
From: mdunst@smtplink.coh.org
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:12:08 -0500
I just spoke to the fellow who had some serious damage to his motor. He is in a
good spirits and
is making the best of it.  I was personally, interested since I had been in
communication with them during the past three months while they were rebuilding
the Duesenberg. We were trying to get a
custom headgasket to fit properly.  It appears that each motor of that vintage
is just a little different
and bore to bore, stud to stud   spacing is a bit-"off".  I must have made
several different ACAD
drawings in different configurations -I had spent a substantial amount of time
trying to make an head gasket for them...   Anyways, the final gasket apparently
worked too well -too much compression....   Joking aside- the owners really put
in a alot of effort into getting their care ready for the event.

He has  spare motors...

Mordy