Re: Passing

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Passing
From: "Mordy Dunst" <mordyd@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 07:27:38 -0600
I once asked my father-in -law (Mike Rothschild) who did a fair bit of
racing in the fifties and sixties in many venues here and abroad about
passing in a corner.  He was a "cowboy" when it came to driving -a different
mentality than our current mind set (what ever that may be)  in vintage
racing.    He was good, consistent and fast.  His remarks about passing in
the corner...."the first car through wins".  -Winning was the key.
I consider a succesful weekend as "arriving, driving on the track and
eventually driving onto the trailer (whole)"  and don't forget the BBQ and
apres-race stillness.

Mordy