Re: Sign-o-the-times

To: brian@uunet.ca, atroz@compuserve.com, bruce@rapidmachinery.com,
Subject: Re: Sign-o-the-times
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:11:24 EST
In my opinion the relative disinterest in working on cars and the lack of
development in mechanical skills is largely due to the complexity of
contemporary cars.  When I was a teenager as the earth was cooling, most high
schools had hot rod clubs where kids gathered to to do bodywork and tinker
with engines.  The science and mechanicals weren't so difficult to understand
and the average kid could get into the game...and get hooked, and develop
those important skills that now are disappearing.  I could actually do
something that made a difference with my '50 Stude.  I cannot with my
daughter's '97 Mustang.

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Creative Communications Services
765.886.5098
Writing, public relations, sales promotion and advertising consulting
services for agencies and companies.