Tow Vehicle Shocks Question

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Tow Vehicle Shocks Question
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:06:41 EDT
Hey List...

Looking for some input.  I still have my '96 Tahoe 4dr, 4X4 tow vehicle (just
over 100K now), and it now needs its 4TH (!!!) set of shocks.  So far, I've
used the stock Bilsteins, aftermarket gas-filled Gabriels, and aftermarket
Bilsteins.  I'd have to say the Gabriels felt the best, but NONE of them
lasted very long (30K max).  The rears seem to go away first.  Anybody have
any recommendations of others I might try.  I'd like something stiffer that
lasts longer.  After 15K or so, they all started getting mushy.  The
aftermarket Bilsteins were recommended to me by several folks, but I didn't
think they weren't any better than the stock ones.  This Tahoe has a stock
suspension setup and stock wheels/tires with only the addition of AirLift
bags at the back for towing.  Anybody have a Tahoe with experience to
reommend something??

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128