[ckrug@laf.cioe.com: Laguna Seca]

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: [ckrug@laf.cioe.com: Laguna Seca]
From: Mark J Bradakis <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 23:30:10 -0600 (MDT)
This was sent to the wrong place.

mjb.
----

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 23:35:40 -0500
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Subject: Laguna Seca

I have a slightly off-topic question for those of you who have some
experience at Laguna Seca.  As my racing budget is a little light, instead
of a car, I invested in a Sony Playstation, and have been playing around
with Gran Turismo 2.  ( A REALLY great game, BTW)  So far, the ONE corner
that I just can't find any consistency with is the dreaded corkscrew.  Is
it that nasty in reality?   In the game, there's a big nasty bump right
smack in the middle of the braking zone, and if you don't have the car
perfectly aimed, it tends to throw the car to the left, making for a
waaaaaaaaaaaay early apex, then usually across the track into the tires, or
if you're lucky, down the hill backwards.  I'm glad I'm only crashing
electrons!  Judging from watching the replays, you all should be happy that
I'm not out there with you. *LOL*
Anyway, what IS the best way to approach this turn?

Calvin Krug