Re: BSP to NPT fittings

To: RACEGT6@aol.com, vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BSP to NPT fittings
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:52:52 -0400
while it may not be the best practice, many BSP fittings can be made to
work with NPT with the judicious use of teflon tape.  However, I'd first
call Earls to see what they have - I've had fittings that worked properly
before. Finally, I'd check for adaptors with a local industrial hydraulic
supplier of Aeroquip stuff.  I got BSP to AN adaptors for a few bucks each
when I converted my oil-cooler to AN.  They are steel rather than
aluminium, but they work just fine.  The Dave Bean catalog has a good
discussion of this whole adaptor thing.

Brian

At 07:20 PM 08/20/2000 -0400, RACEGT6@aol.com wrote:
>I've decided to relocate my oil filter (GT6) as I'm sick of dumping oil on my
>frame every time I change the oil. I have 5/8 BSP oil lines/cooler and all
>the remote heads seem to be set up for 1/2 NPT. Furthermore, I'm finally
>going to add a thermostat to the line. Anybody know a source for BSP to NPT
>fittings? I've checked the Pegasus catalogue, but it seems that I need to go
>from BSP to AN to NPT to get things to work. Very expensive - to the degree
>that it would almost be cheaper to by a new cooler/lines! TIA, Charlie

Brian Evans
Director, Strategic Accounts
UUNET, A WorldCom Company