Re: Transplants

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transplants
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:13:30 EST
In a message dated 12/01/00 4:07:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com writes:

> >You have to look no further than the Allard to find a "hot rod" in racing.
> >Anyhing that was bigger or faster was stuffed in them over the years but
> >since it was done "way" back now we argue over whether it is correct with
> >the hemi or the cad!

To me, if a car was originally built with an engine, it isn't a transplant.
If you took an Allard Palm Beach with 6 cylinder engine, and inserted a V8,
THAT would be a transplant.

And if it was built in a particular way, I don't normally associate the word
'hot rod' with it, as I usually think of that word in conjunction with the
home built cars based on a stock model. I guess there is no reason not to
call a Plymouth Prowler a factory built hot rod, but somehow, to me, it
becomes more of a hot rod when someone sticks the chrome plated Northstar
engine in it.

Bill