Re: European Trailer Hitches

To: Robert Allred <rallred@inconnect.com>
Subject: Re: European Trailer Hitches
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 07:32:06 -0500
Many years ago I obtained press passes for the Watkins Glen G.P.  I took
my camera (Leica as I recall, always had champaign taste even with my
beer pocketbook) and started taking photos.

During practice I noticed that photographers were able to get right
behind the guard rail in the high speed up hill sweeper just past the
start/finish line, so over I went.

I was able to kneel right up against the rail and shoot drivers head
shots so close you could have reached over the rail and cleaned their
goggles if they had stopped there.

I will have to dig out those negs and re print some.  I shot everyone,
Clark, Hill, etc.

Long time ago.  Today a phototog could not get near that spot.

Larry Dent