Re: European Trailer Hitches

To: <derek.lola@home.com>
Subject: Re: European Trailer Hitches
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 17:27:12 -0500
Oh, you mean the bigger hammer approach! I'd have been very happy to have been
there helping such a lost cause if I'd had a chance to see Jim in person.

A friend of mine and I went down to Charlie Warners last April to retrieve a
body for his antique car. On the loong way across Tennassee, we start talking
about racing (he isn't a racer) and my love for Lotus. Seems he was in the
Army, stationed in Germany in the late 60's and an avid photographer. He was
able to secure all the right passes. He was describing the expression on Jim's
face when he snapped Jim's photo on the grid that fateful April day at
Hockenheim. But then he followed it up with how he was sure his wife had
pitched all his old photos in the cause of a neatly kept house!

Roger

Roger Sieling wrote:

> A friend has a trailer w/ a 50mm ball socket, and a 2" ball will not fit.

History - a 50mm socket WILL go on to a 2" ball - but it won't come off - at
least not without several race teams providing additional manpower - date and
location: 1966 British GP, Brands Hatch paddock - came off suddenly and
dented
the truck lid of my new Sunbeam Alpine just as Jim Clark walked by - memories
.
. . . .

Derek