Re: How safe are we?

To: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Subject: Re: How safe are we?
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:47:47 -0800
Your health plan basically sucks. I don't think presenting any statistics
to your boss will help a bit. Only changing the company health plan, or
suing the bastards afterwards will help. The language boils down to "any
dangerous activity" with the usual sort of "including but not limited to"
crap. This means surfing, aerobatics, spelunking (cave exploration), etc.
etc. etc. I guess ANY activity where they make you sign a waiver ahead of
time means your benighted health plan would refuse payment if you were
hurt or worse. Throw in all the dangerous "self-guided" activities, like
SCUBA diving, hang gliding, skiing, etc and there isn't much fun left.

Simon