Re: Honesty

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Honesty
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:00:28 -0700 (MST)
I don't think Clark died in '64, or else someone has tampered with the '65
Indy 500 results.  Back in the early sixties one of the salesman who called
on the company where my dad worked was a family friend.  They lived about
three blocks from the brickyard.  So we often would drive down to Indianapolis
for the qualifying weekend.  I vaguely remember being there in '63 when the
wee Scot and his funny little car made their first appearence.

The car looked quite out of place amongst the Offy powered A.J. Watson (Not
to be confused with that brash young man, A.J. Foyt who'd started hanging
around) "Roadsters" Now those were race cars, where the driver was perched
high and proud, with a commanding view of his kingdom.  Wonder if seeing that
little green (Green?  You've GOT to be joking - you don't run green cars at
Indy!) Lotus with the artwork exhaust factored into my favoring road racing
over ovals and drags, like all the good little midwestern boys favored?

mjb.