Re: Honesty

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Honesty
From: John.Desantis@inficon.com
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:06:24 -0500
Come on, this is getting crazy. Jim was killed at Hockenheim on 9 April
1968.
Don't you wear black on that day every year? Nothing against Graham Hill,
but
I can't imagine that if Jim had been his team mate for the whole year, the
'68
championship would have been Jim's third instead of Graham's second.

On the other note, the tragedy at LeMans had to be referring to the the
crash
in 1955 involving a AH 100S and Leveigh's Mercedes 300SLR, in which about
80
people were killed. It is the greatest racing accident of all time! I can't
believe it has anything to do with the Ferrari/ Ford wars.

Roger

Dam this is spokey - I started all this and April 9th is my birthday, I
always ware black that day.

John