Re: Greatest Events!!!!!

To: Tombread@aol.com
Subject: Re: Greatest Events!!!!!
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:17:52 -0500
Anybody that doubts that the US Nationals is a major show has never
spent a couple of days down there.

I was the insurance agent for NHRA some years ago when I was with K and
K Insurance.  I spent the entire weekend there getting the royal
treatment, such as being put behind the starter for 30 minutes of the
funny cars.  I finally had to beg off, partly cause of the noise, even
though my ears were stuffed full of sound deadening, but also because of
being constantly showered by unburned nitro.  What a gas.  The starter
said to put my chin on his shoulder and move forward or backward in the
box in step with him cause he know where the clutch fragments would go
if one blew on the line, and we would be out of the line of fire.  None
blew, thank heavens.

I was the only one I had to pay an insurance medical bill on that
weekend.  I had to go to the hospital Saturday AM to get the wad of ear
plug I had kept jamming in to reduce the pain.