Re: Vintage Racing?

To: Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com
Subject: Re: Vintage Racing?
From: Dan Mullin <danm@kpnw.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:31:41 -0800
Might I suggest SCCA Vintage Racing!  We have been doing Vintage racing as a
regional event race with the normal SCCA venue for the last 10 years or so.
We get ex-SCCA racers, newbies, and those that are out for a drive.  And
RARELY is there any contact!  And if there is, it is dealt on an individual
basis.  It is amazing how much good a drivers meeting can do.... it is
stressed that this is not 'cut and thrust' racing....there are other venues
within SCCA if that's the kind of racing you want to do.  As far as cheating
is concerned...sure it goes on...like in any form of racing.  If you really
feel someone has that unfair advantage, there are procedures to follow if you
feel that strong.  The whole idea with our group is to keep the old cars on
the track and out of the junk pile.  And sure, we'd love to have lots of
spectators.  Maybe some day we can have a stand alone event.  In the mean
time, we're having entirely too much fun!  Come race with us up north.
Dan Mullin
Vintage Chair
Oregon Region-SCCA