Re: Vintage Racing?

To: Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com
Subject: Re: Vintage Racing?
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:50:46 -0500
Many of you know me as the Chief Steward for the 3 Major SOVERN events,
or as a Chief Steward for SCCA for some 35 years, so I love and am
active in both SCCA and vintage.

When I chose to return to racing last year after many years absence I
choose SCCA because the vintage groups in the mid west are quite fragmented.

I started building an Elan and then found that it would be legal in some
groups and not others.

With my Sports 2000 the rules are the same anywhere in the U.S.
Cheating is not a problem with a spec engine.  Too much power becomes
readily noticeable.

Different strokes for different folks, but the sport is there for all to
enjoy, no matter what the sanctioning body.

Incidentally I will be off line for 5 days.  Going to Phoenix to
announce the Pro/National races at Phoenix International.  If you are
around the track this weekend look me up and say high.  I'll be in the
announce booth in the control tower for the most part.

Larry Dent