Re: 13/13 and 7/10

To: "Mike Cobine" <mcobine@earthlink.net>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 13/13 and 7/10
From: "Peter van Rossum" <peterv@tri-county.main.nc.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:58:49 -0500
It is better because we are doing it for FUN just for FUN it's the trill of
keeping a 30 + year old car racing ,its the trill of finishing a enduro
,does not matter if you win or loose just bringing the car home still in one
piece and running is great .Its the Party's at the track If your racing and
yor not having FUN try a diferent club. Its a free country and there are
plenty of Racing Organizations .

If  you use vintage rules such as  SCCA 1967 GCR and PCS  it is racing like
it was back then , its called Vintage Racing  If you start altering the
rules and put modern technology under a old body shell well I dont know what
it is but it aint Vintage Racing and I dont want no part of it   ( with the
exeption of safety items) There are a few real vintage groups in the U.S.
People are starting to back date cars just to be legal to run with some of
these groups BACKDATING IS HIP AND IT IS COOL BECAUSE IT IS VINTAGE
so be hip and get rid of electronic gizmoo's ,coil over shocks ,heim
joints,unboard computors etc.Rip it out and keep it simple one wire to the
coil and one to the starter . zooom vroom      CRAZY PETE