Re: 13/13 and 7/10

To: hayes@mediaone.net, peterv@tri-county.main.nc.us
Subject: Re: 13/13 and 7/10
From: "Roger Sieling" <sarl45@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 07:51:16 -0500
Jim,

You obviously don't run a sports racer. Most good street sports cars can
easily be over prepared to out run pre 1960's sports racers. A bored out
1275 in a frog-eyed Sprite shell on coilover suspension and supper sticky
radials has it all over a car on period suspension designed for and using
Dunlop 4.50L15s. And it can be put together for far less money. So a logical
person would question why anyone would restore an old Lotus Eleven, Lola Mk1
or Elva Mk2-5 etc, much less say a Maseratti 150S, when you can go so much
faster for your buck.

I don't really know the answer to that question, none of us do. Lets just
call it passion, and that is what vintage racing is all about!

Roger Sieling