Re: 13/13 and 7/10

To: "Mike Rosen" <mikerosen@home.com>, "Jim Hayes" <hayes@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: 13/13 and 7/10
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 18:06:18 -0000
personally i am a bit concerned with the thoughts of my H-modified sports
racer running with larger displacement cars ....period!  it still suffers a
bit of cooling system problems wich is why it is sidelined for now.  but the
thought of running it with faster  / larger displacement cars has me
wondering if i will ever aspire to do much more with the car than show it at
car shows and an ocasional exhibition lap or two.   i know there are others
out there running H-mod's and are having fun doing it.  but personally i'm a
bit uncomfortable with passing evry flag station displaying blue flags .
i'm concerned about spending more time watching my mirrors than i would be
watching the track ahead(improbable but said to get the point across).
i just do not want to become a speed bump for the much faster cars.  my
H-mod car is extremly period!  right down to drum brakes .   i just feel my
car is a bit out classed and under powered to survive in even the small
displacement groups.  750cc's and an 800lb weight is a good power to weight
ratio for my car but my personal ballast is a severe set back for the little
car's ability to perform as it would have back in the 60's.  i weigh more
than my father did when he drove the car.

so this year i have a new secret weapon!   slower, noisier and better rear
view mirrors!  always remember:  pass a saab sedan on the left!  the 2
stroke exhaust exits on the right!  that way you'll avoid most of the
exhaust spray of oil......lol!

chuck.
59/60 saab model 93f (it's ugly but it's all mine!)   ring-a-ding-ding!