Re: Vintage Racing?

To: Vintage <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage Racing?
From: pmeis@wfubmc.edu (Paul Meis)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:06:50 -0400
I was a little lower down on the food chain in the 50's, with a new VW. One
always waved at other Beetles, which were rare in Iowa where we lived, but
disdained to wave at Renault Dauphines. The cool part was that you could
dice with a Dauphine on the highway at top speed, and no one would know as
you both were well under the speed limit, (unless there was a tail wind).
Paul Meis