with reference to old age and treachery...

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: with reference to old age and treachery...
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:54:42 -0400
Got a chuckle from this, from a news group...

You have to learn to use leverage and how to substitute brains for brawn.
Then it doesn't get worse -- different, but not worse. Which reminds me of
the story about the old rooster and the young rooster. The new, young
rooster, comes into the barnyard and say's:
"Okay Pops!. Time to clear out! You're history. I'm taking over.
All the hens are mine now."
"Gee young, fella," the old rooster say's "I can understand that --
but look, can you please let me keep old Bessie, there. We grew up
together. She's my first love. She's beyond her egg laying years. I'd
like to have her to keep me company in my old age. Please?"
"No Pops. All of them! That's it! No exceptions! You clear out!"
"I tell you what. Let's have a race: around the barn, around the
farmhouse, and back to the barn. If I win, I keep old Bessie. If I lose,
I'll go forever and that's that."
"That's fair enough" the young rooster thought -- he can't possibly
win anyhow."Okay, I agree." he said.
"Just one thing. I am kind of old and my joints don't work too well.
Can you give me a head start of about 10 yards?"
"Sure Pops -- I'll give you twenty yards." the young rooster smugly
agreed.
So they started off squawking and wings flapping, around the barn
and around the farmhouse. As they go past the farmhouse door, the young
rooster only a few feet behind the old rooster, the farmer reaches out,
grabs the young rooster and breaks his neck. "Damn!" say's the farmer,
"That's the third queer rooster this week.!"

"Never underestimate the treachery of an old man." Paul Newman.

Brian

Brian Evans
Director, Canada
MCI Wholesale Internet Services