Re: Race Engines in Street Cars

To: james.holland@g-icap.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Race Engines in Street Cars
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:08:38 EDT
In a message dated 11/04/01 1:59:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
james.holland@g-icap.com writes:

> It seems my submission on this subject didn't reach you:

Sorry I overlooked it.

> What about the Aston Martin V8 which powered John Surtees's Lola T70 at Le
> Mans in 1967 and later fitted to the DBS to make the DBS V8

My recollection was that the engine was designed for the street car and they
took one for the Lola as an advertising attempt (too bad it did so poorly).
They switched to Chev pretty quick.

How about the old mid 60s Brabham Formula 2 engines sourced from Honda - did
the same design wind up in the street Honda S600 and S800? Neat engines in
any case.

Bill