Re: Midget Auction in Aurora, Ohio

To: <vintagegarage@erols.com>, <lwdent@fwi.com>
Subject: Re: Midget Auction in Aurora, Ohio
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:16:44 -0400
Larry,

I existed in Indiana for 10 month's. Couldn't wait to get back to Ohio. I was
shocked at being charged sales tax on gasoline purchase, on top of state and
federal fuel taxes. Taxed on taxes, great concept! I think they've now hidden
it in the total price, but I can remember buying gas at the pump and then
being charged sales tax on top of that at the register.

Then, you don't vote on school levies. In Ohio we do. Keeps our taxes
manageable.

There are lots of little communities all across the nation that have municipal
police force which use tourists to fund themselves. Remember "Route 66" TV
series. I agree that Ohio highway patrol are pretty aggresive. Many times I
will race out of state and be used to travelling at the speed of traffic flow,
only to return to Ohio and the radar detector going off and a wake-up call.
But I also don't see many of the "plain cloths" Mustangs that Indiana uses to
trap motorists either.

Roger

>>> lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com> 04/15/01 03:03PM >>>
Now you know a little more about Ohio in general.

It is a police state with nasty cops everywhere.

Cincinnati is only a small example.

Ohio State Troopers are among the worst in the U.S.

Wolf packs are common on the interstates, airplanes, etc, all designed
to separate you from your money in the form of moving violation tickets.

Best to stay the hell out of Ohio if possible.