Re: Tow Vehicle Tires

To: NeotoyRick@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle Tires
From: Oddcarnut@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:36:14 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/01 7:08:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
NeotoyRick@aol.com writes:

> I have a 28' class "C" RV on a 1997 Ford Super Duty Chassis. The OEM
> Firestone Steeltex Radial R45 tires have a single max load rating of
> 2650lbs
> at 80psi and are LT 225/75R16 M/S.

Rick,

I don't know off the top if they are available in that size, but if so, try
Michelin XPS light truck tires.  An excellent, well built tire.  FYI, our
Church 25 passenger bus built off a Ford chassis, had an almost new Firestone
Steeltex, in the size you mentioned, develop an ugly bubble near the belt
edge.

Ken