Re: Tow Vehicle Tires

To: NeotoyRick@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle Tires
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:35:42 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/01 4:08:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
NeotoyRick@aol.com writes:

<< The OEM
 Firestone Steeltex Radial R45 tires have a single max load rating of 2650lbs
 at 80psi and are LT 225/75R16 M/S.  Anyone have a recommendation for tires
 and where to get them?

 Sorry if a bit off topic, but thanks for any help.

 Rick Gurolnick >>

I just got 6 Coopers of that size for my "89 Ford F350. I checked into
Michelins and am convinced that Coopers are just as good if not better.
However, the Goodyears that came off were OEM on the truck and still had
plenty of tread after 150K miles. The side walls were rotten though. For the
kind of hauling we do, the highest load rating you can get is the best in any
brand. The truck tires usually are very little trouble.

Now trailers....that's another story. I usually pop one or two every trip. No
matter how careful I am, I seem to always snag one on a curb or something.
Why don't they steel belt the side walls??

Jack Woehrle