Re: Silicone brake fluid

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: Silicone brake fluid
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:50:36 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/01 5:43:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Gt6steve writes:

<< There's millions of anecdotal failures all warning "it didn't work for
me".  What do you see as the failure point?  I live in the desert and don't
live with the common absorption problems but even out here I've heard the
stories.  Can you two enlighten us all? >>

I don't think I have any secret. I have had as many brake situations, both
natural & self-induced, as anyone. But since I started using silicone about
12 years ago, I can't say that I have had a bad situation because of it.

A side bar here; we used it in the GT6 for 3 years and if anything, I would
say that the pedal feel was very hard. The car had fantastic braking ability
compared to other cars in the race group. TR3/4, MGB, Porsche 356, Elva
Courier, etc.

I don't know the answer. Many good folks have tried it and can't make it
work. Go figure??

jw