Re: silly-cone brake fluid

To: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: silly-cone brake fluid
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:21:10 -0500
Silly cone fluid only causes grief once in a great while.

I bled the brakes carefully on my 83 911 SC and installed silly cone
fluid.  In a few months the back piston seals swelled so much they
caused the back pistons to drag constantly and wore out the back pads in
1000 miles.

rare but does happen.  If in doubt upon a rebuild just soak the new
seals in silly cone a day or so and look for swelling.  If not, shoot
the works.  I personally love the stuff but with the caveat above.

Larry Dent