Re: Vanwall Green

To: "Myles Winbigler" <mwinbigler@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Vanwall Green
From: "David Bondon" <david.bondon@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 07:38:53 -0400
Myles,

Back in 1965 I painted my Morgan +4 in the closest I could get to Vanwall
green. I found a Peugout color of that year which was remarkably close.
Graham Hill and Sterling Moss were my heros in those days and I followed the
BRM and Vanwall teams very closely.

Believe it or not Rolls Royce also has a very close match but I think it may
have a metalic flake in it. Jaguar also has one.

You may find something better but I would look in the old foreign car color
chip books to see if you can find the color. It has a lot of blue in it and
looks almost black in the shade.

SuperDave