Re: [MGB Kingpin in MGA (and other shocking topics)

To: brian@uunet.ca, WSpohn4@aol.com, MGVR@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [MGB Kingpin in MGA (and other shocking topics)
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:46:30 EST
After racing my F/P MGA for a couple years with knock-off wires and drum
brakes, a broken kingpin (busted at Waterford when I ran off the road during
a race) gave me a good excuse to buy a parts car and switch the fronts to
bolt-on wheels with disc brakes, and change the rear carrier to bolt ons.
This change got me off the wire wheels and onto better, wider cast American
Racing wheels (though you still could not add fender flares to cover
excessive tires and offset--  a good rule that was effective cost
containment). This was a great improvement all around.  I had to salvage the
parts car in a horse barn in December, and spent endless weekends lying in
the dirt, freezing, breaking knuckles getting the parts I wanted.  But it was
eminently worth it come spring.

Tom Butters
Greens Fork Group
Creative Communications